The Manitowaning light, established in 1885 on a bluff high above the west side Manitowaning Bay, has the familiar shape and construction of many of Canada's lights: a white, wooden, pyramidal tower topped with.a square walkway and red, octagonal lantern room. A set of stairs runs up a few feet to meet the door set into the base of the 35-foot-tall tower. A modern beacon within the lantern room still guides boaters into the safety of the bay.
Accessibility: Not open to the public - view from grounds
End of Arthur Road - on a bluff overlooking Manitowaning Harbour
©2017. All rights reserved. Georgian Bay Coastal Route.