Byng Inlet Front Range Light
The Byng Inlet Range Lights were once operated by the keeper at nearby Gereaux Island Light. The Byng Inlet Front Range light, built in 1890 along with the rear range light, is a small 34-foot-tall white, pyramidal tower surrounded at its base by dense, low-growing shrubs. A lone narrow window affords a limited view of the surroundings, and above it a small, white walkway supports an unusual lantern room. The square room is completely enclosed, with a tiny, modern beacon poking out of the front. A wide, red, vertical stripe runs up to front of the wood tower from the boarded-up entrance door to the top of the lantern room.
Accessibility: Not open to the public - accessible by boat only
Byng Inlet near the south side of the channel
©2017. All rights reserved. Georgian Bay Coastal Route.