Big Tub Lighthouse
The first light in Tobermory (a lamp on a tree) was established in 1881 and was later replaced by the current light still guarding the entrance to Big Tub Harbour in 1885. The six-sided 43-foot-tall wooden tower narrows slightly as it rises and is interrupted by several rectangular windows, each bordered by red overhangs and trim. At the top of the structure, a red steel railing protects the walkway around the six-sided lantern room. The large, square panes that entirely glaze the room allow the red modern-day beacon to be seen from all directions. The tower is topped with a red metal roof and ventilator shaft.
Accessibility: Accessible by Car
Hwy 6, then left on Big Tub Road